Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 40


Day 40 already! I can’t believe that my sweet baby boy is almost ONE! 10 more days! How amazing is our Lord! Last night while Zane was cooking dinner (he does most of the cooking around here, I tend to mess up everything I touch in kitchen - even my oatmeal this morning is too dry J)… So Zane was cooking and I decided to put Seton in his high chair and try to fix his hair a little bit, so I got some water, gel and Seton’s comb and went at it. He really didn’t mind it, which is a good thing because it took me several tries.

Before the hair do ...He tried on his new shades

Look at all those curls

spiked up do...he is not amused

Since he had gel in his hair I knew he needed a bath so after dinner he got a bath. I was done washing him and he usually sits in the warm water and relaxes for a little bit. As I started to pour a cup full of warm water down his left leg he jerked it and crossed it over his right leg (strange movement for him) so I poured the water over his tummy when I realized he wasn’t moving his arms (also strange) So I looked at his eyes and back at his hands and legs his eyes were jumping back and forth and he was a bit unresponsive to my voice. He continued to breathe, was not fully stiff, because I turned his head toward me so I could see his face, and never turned blue like his previous seizures. I started to take him out of the bath and he came out of it and he let out a high pitched scream (like previous seizures) then started crying (like normal when I take him out of the bath). So I do not know what he was doing, it was a very strange 20-30 seconds that felt like 2 hours! Today’s prayer request is for Seton to not have any more of those ‘episodes’. He will have his EEG done in a few weeks and that is to look at his brain activity and take him off his Phenobarbital (seizure medicine) if he no longer needs it.

Thanks for your prayers for my sweet boy!

~Shawna~

Surely he took up our pain
   and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
   stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
   he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
   and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:4 -5

2 comments:

  1. He looks so handsome with those sweet curls! Love it! Praying everyday for your sweet Seton.

    ReplyDelete