Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 15


Doctor Day – we are headed to see Dr. H this morning so I am getting an early start on my post today.

Today I want to pray over Seton’s lungs, he seems to be having a difficult time catching his breath after coughing this morning. His color stayed pink, he just seemed to be gasping for air after a coughing fit (which happened every 10 minutes between 5 and 6am). Also this morning, every time he yawns something is bothering him and he cries or whines…I am not sure if it is his teeth coming in, the skin hurting around his button or something entirely different…so of course I am no help in soothing his pain.

At the doctor today we are going to discuss several things as Seton quickly reaches ONE YEAR OLD! We want to start him on some real food, which will mean a blenderized diet through his feeding tube but also maybe some baby food by mouth, yay! This means more work for me (which I will gladly take) trying to calculate calories to make sure he gets enough food and the right amount of nutrients (good thing I have a little experience in that area J)
We will also discuss allergy testing, so that we don’t feed him something he is allergic too. We sure don’t need to worry about that when we try new foods. Dr. H will also check Seton’s button again and the skin around it to see if we need to try something different to get rid of that silly infection that doesn’t want to go away.

Then we we are all done at Dr. H's office Seton will see his speech therapist, she will be trying to bottle feed him today…we may also try some milk on a spoon.  

Thanks again for all your prayers! Have a wonderful weekend.

 By the way it is now 7:15am and Seton has not coughed, yawned or whined in 45 minutes. - GOD IS AMAZING! 

~Shawna~

“Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”
Jeremiah 17: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment