Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 18


Today is MONDAY…my day with my boy! I love Mondays, as you all know.
I want to pray for something that I have had a hard time asking God for... It is no secret that Seton’s skull is not properly formed or aligned. All of his skull bones are there, they are just overlapping because his brain never grew and pushed them out. So his head is hard and he does not have a soft spot like most babies.  
I love his wrinkled little head! It is a part of what makes him Seton! t I know that people and kids are mean. I also know that God made him different for a reason…this is why I struggle with this topic. Life is hard, especially when you are different than the other kids around you. When you were little I am sure you heard (or said it your self) ‘Sticks and stones can break my bones but, words will never hurt me.’ The truth is when you are little (and as a adult) everything can hurt you and you have to learn how to have a strong spirit, and know that God made you exactly how you are supposed to be. In His eyes you are beautiful and perfect! Seton is probably strong enough to handle being different, I just don’t know if his momma is…

As you can see I go back and forth with this prayer request. I would like to pray that Seton's skull bones will properly align, giving his brain room to grow, and that God will give us all the strength to not let words hurt us and the ability to respond to hurtful words with grace.  

~Shawna~

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment