Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 14


I told you all yesterday that Seton is currently on 3 medications. Today we are going to pray that his body no longer needs the Phenobarbital, the medicine for his seizures. Phenobarbital works to slow the activity of your brain and nervous system. He has not had any seizures since that very scary day, June 29th -- which is an answered prayer! We started him on the Phenobarbital the following evening, June 30th; he has been taking the same dose since he was 3.5 months old. Since he has not had any more seizures I would assume that the dosage he is getting works, or that he does not need it anymore. We get a blood test every 3-6 months to test the Phenobarbital levels in his blood and I guess that determines if his body it using it. I know the side effects of this drug can not be good for Seton…not good for anyone really.
I am thankful for the medical staff that Seton has working for him and I was very thankful for the Phenobarbital that evening in June. I would like to get to know my son without any medication and see if he is a different child, he has been on some sort of medicine since he was a week old, maybe a few days old, time really did not matter much while Seton was in the NICU.
We go see Dr. Habersang tomorrow morning…I am hopeful that he will recommend decreasing the Phenobarbital or another blood test to check his levels. We will pray for other topics of his appointment tomorrow.

Have a blessed Thursday everyone!

Here is the picture of his favorite position (from Day 12) that I forgot to post yesterday.
He was watching Elmo and his puppy
 The tube socks in the picture are full of rice and we use them to position him or keep him in a certain position. 

~Shawna~

The LORD will guide you always;
   he will satisfy your needs in a 
     sun-scorched land
   and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
   like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment