Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 21


Seton is 11 months old today! I honestly can not believe it for many reasons; I was not sure he would still be here; we were told by so many people that he would not be, and it feels like it has only been a few weeks since we were sitting up at BSA waiting on the clock so we could go hold our sweet boy in the NICU. In the past year, we have felt a world of emotions, some I did not even know I was capable of feeling. Now we are planning a Birthday Party for a ONE year old! How exciting!!

Tuesday night I fed Seton some rice cereal for the first time! I do not have his high-chair put together yet, since he obviously has not needed it yet. So I held him in my lap and tried to feed him…it went pretty well for a first time. I am not sure that he ever swallowed any but he did play with it in his mouth and moved his tongue toward the spoon a few times. Seton had it all over his hands and face and I had some on my shoulder, overall not as messy as I was expecting. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy I wanted to get his first reaction to the taste…
First taste of Rice Cereal

Today’s prayer request is that his desire to eat by mouth increases and his ability to swallow properly will increase also.  

~Shawna~

Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalms 37:4

1 comment: