Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 8


Today is Friday, which means that Seton will see the speech therapist today so naturally I am thinking about his eating ability. Today I want to pray for his facial muscles. He has strength in some of them and no strength in others. These muscles also help him to suck on a pacifier, bottle, or sippy cup. Currently he will chew a little on things you put in his mouth and feel them with his tongue.

Seton is 10.5 months old and has not smiled yet, but he can pout with the best of them. It is very hard to discern his feelings and personality because of this. This is extremely hard for me! I want to be able act silly and have him grin or laugh at me or play with a toy and know he enjoys it. The only response we usually get from him is a pout or a blank stare. He likes to talk and he is finding out how to use his vocal cords to make different sounds. 

Seton was not happy about sitting in his own chair at Thanksgiving Dinner 
Check out that bottom lip! 

It will just melt my heart the day I see him smile and hear him giggle. 

I am looking forward to see what God has in store for us over the next 42 days, as we continue to pray for Seton’s healing. 

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.”
James 1:5-8 (NIV)


Thank you all!

Shawna

2 comments:

  1. Oh that picture is soo precious with that bottom lip, makes me want to pout with him..
    Oh I pray that God would give you those smiles.
    Luke 11:13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you get to see that precious smile soon.

    ReplyDelete