Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 10


I can not believe it is Sunday again! That means I get to spend all day tomorrow with my boy by myself!! I get excited every week! Anyways on with the prayer for today…

Today will be praying for Seton’s hands, He does not seem to have much control over them most of the time. His hands try to stay in a fist and have since he was born. It made for some interesting handprints at Christmas. J
Can you tell by his face...Hand splints are not his favorite thing to wear
He wears these splints for 2 hours 4-5 times a day. Once a month we take him and his splints to see Misty, one of his occupational therapists, to get them readjusted for the new range of motion in his fingers, which we need to do this week or next. 
  
He is trying to suck on his thumb and feel is soft PJs
The splints are helping to stretch the muscles and tendons in his hands so that he can use them more. If he feels something he wants to touch or grab (like his hair and ears that he pulls on frequently) he can a little. I have not found any textures that he really wants to feel or toys he will hold on too…any suggestions? 
 
30 As for God, his way is perfect:
   The LORD’s word is flawless;
   he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD?
   And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
   and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
   he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
   my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
   and your right hand sustains me;
   your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
   so that my ankles do not give way.
Psalm 18:30-36 (NIV)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Shawna~

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the real small soft security blanket that has satin trim? You could position the blanket in his hand so that the satin touches his face.
    Always thinking, and praying for you and your family Shawna.

    Beverly Johnson
    Bryan, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is almost a year old!! That's amazing! Truly a gift from God. Shawna, I have been praying for you since you were pregnant and I have been following Seton's progress since he was born. I will continue to pray for you, your family, all of the doctors and your sweet baby. Thank you for sharing your life with others. You are truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete