Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 49


LET THE CELEBREATIONS BEGIN!! Tomorrow my baby boy will be ONE! I can not believe it is here. Last year, Zane and I were finishing up things at work and packing. Then we headed to the hospital for a few days that I will never forget! From the first night there, Zane made fun of how many things I packed and then he had to sleep on the window seat… to the next night having a baby in the NICU… and the last night they let me stay and I left my baby at the hospital and cried all the way home. When we headed to the hospital that evening for the induction we did not know what our future held. We knew one thing… by the end of the following day we were going to have a baby boy. We did not know if we would have him on earth for a few minutes, hours, days or even years. He would be our son no matter where he was. He still did not have a name other than “Baby Boy Oliver”. We had no idea what kind of a journey God had for us, and we still don’t. God forgot to include us on the decisions when he was planning our life! J
One year later here we are with a son, Seton Blaine Oliver, who will be one tomorrow. God is so good and works in ways we could never imagine. How amazing is our LORD!

Seton did not have a great night last night but it wasn’t awful. He did wake up a few more times and did not get into a real deep sleep ever. He is still coughing a bit more than normal so we are going to up the breathing treatments to see if we can thin out some of his mucous and secretions for him.


We took Seton for a walk yesterday (with no pants) to absorb a little vitamin D and enjoy the warm sun, since it was 80 yesterday and it is going to SNOW today. We did forget to put on his sunglasses... 


Enjoying the sun on my legs! 
Laney was worn out and hopped up in Seton's Stroller to finish the walk. 

Today’s prayer may seem a little silly but it is something that I have been praying and thinking about for a few days… I pray that Seton has an interest in his birthday cake that he just tears into it (sorry Tiffani, I know you are working hard on his cakeJ) while we are taking pictures and singing ‘Happy Birthday’. That would just make my day!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

~Shawna~

“In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.”
Proverbs 16:9

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Praying tomorrow exceeds your prayers and dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope and pray that your request is granted! Happy Birthday Seton!!! :)

    ReplyDelete