Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 45 -- only 5 more to go


Seton had a fairly good day yesterday; he did not sleep much during the day and was never really fussy either. His button was looking amazing! I say "was" because last night when I cleaned it before bed it was red and bleeding AGAIN! The skin under the other button (the one we taped on to check for an allergy) looks normal, just a little red from the tape. So we left it on for another day and we will see what it looks like today. I hate that we can not figure out this silly button, but I have to say this is wwwaaayyy better than the ng tube he had before this one. We have not been to hospital in several months; I actually can’t remember the last time we were there. I guess it was in August for his g-button surgery.
Seton did not sleep well last night, even with his new medicine. So we will try something a little different with his medicine and food tonight. We did get a new feeding pump and it worked perfectly last night.

I feel like we are always going back to square one. Some days are great, and then it all goes down hill. Seton has improved so much over the past year, but like I said a few days ago…This is not God’s best for him. I know God has bigger plans for his life and he will not only be a little better, he will be completely healed.

I want to pray for all of these things we have been waiting on to show progress, his skin around his button, his sleeping patterns, and complete healing. I pray that he reaches square 2, then square 3, and so on…that he continues to get better daily and not worse or go back where we started.  And that we find answers and solutions to his button problem.

Thanks again for your prayers!

~Shawna~

I will leave you with one of my favorite verses.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment