Monday, March 14, 2011

The view looking in...

I'm slow on my job lately, so Shawna's sister, Tiffani, wrote a post for us to catch you all up a bit.  I am writing a comprehensive post and hope to have it up later tonight.  Thank you, Tiffani.

What a week!  Shawna and Zane are so blessed by all of your comments, hospital visits and most of all your many, many prayers.  I don’t have the eloquence that Zane has for words or the occasional humor he likes to throw in, but we wanted to update you on our weekend and give you more specific prayer requests.  I’ll do the best I can.   

Shawna is getting stronger everyday, and Saturday night, she was released from the hospital.  Not many things are as hard as leaving your baby in the NICU as you go home.  Shawna and Zane have been so strong and make a great team together fighting for their baby boy. 

The MRI done Thursday, shows Seton has Holoprosencephaly and Lissencephaly both brain defects and the severity is moderate.  Also, the final test from the amniocentesis came back normal confirming defects are not genetic.  Seton remains in the NICU, and he loves being held by mommy and daddy, grandparents, aunts, and sweet nurses.  Seton only has a feeding tube now.  He had some problems with formula during his initial feedings, but now he is doing better on Shawna’s milk.  He still doesn’t know how to swallow, but a speech therapist will begin working with him on that, and a physical therapist has started working with his sweet little tight fisted hands, arms and legs.  Shawna and Zane and Seton’s grandparents met with a pediatrician today and he gave them a couple of options to think about and pray over.  Please pray for wisdom in Shawna and Zane and all doctors and staff as they work together to do what is best for Seton Blaine Oliver.  Also, pray for God’s healing hands on this special boy.

A note to my nephew Seton…
God’s words below have been on my heart since I first learned of you in your mommy’s tummy.  God has healed your heart, sweet boy and I believe Our God is not finished with you yet.  Continuously praying for you . . . Love you, Aunt Tiffani

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update and the prayer guidance. I know that the Lord has great plans for each of you and he will guide you in this difficult time. Hugs and Prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This update is wonderful to have. Know that we are praying for healing hands and options....that only HE can provide for sweet Seton. Think of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total stranger, but I'm praying for this blessed one. Just finished reading Psalms 139 - how appropriate for Seton. My prayers and best to you all -

    ReplyDelete