Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good morning, Seton Blaine.  You are one week old today.  You are defying our emotions, you are defying your doctors, and you’re changing peoples’ lives daily.  Your mom and I are so proud of you, and we love you more than we ever imagined.  We are praying for you constantly and believe that God is bigger than anything you face.  His timing is perfect – never early, never late.  You are daddy’s little soldier, and you keep fighting.
 _________________

Yesterday, Seton was put back on oxygen.  His O2 saturation levels kept dropping, and he was visually struggling in many things he was trying to do.  After an X-ray, there’s thought that he is having some micro-aspirations. With some very mild assistance, he’s doing much better and is much more relaxed. His doctors and nurses have decided to do X-rays every other day to monitor his lungs and administer antibiotics if needed.  They have also placed his feeding tube past his stomach to further prevent reflux.  He’s still eating well.  We were also informed that Dr. Habersang will be our pediatrician when Seton is released from the hospital.  Answered prayer!

Shawna and I are doing okay right now.  We are trying to enjoy our time with our son and “let go and let God” every day.  Thank you for continuing to pray for Seton and for us.

Zane

"The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy.  I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  John 10:10

5 comments:

  1. Congrats little Seton on your first week in this amazing world. Although this has been a challenging week for all...Not only is Seton becoming stronger each day, but you and Shawna are too. My family has had you all at the top of our list for prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog and have been praying for Seton since your aunt told me about him before he was born. I am amazed and pretty much speechless at the faith and wisdom you have as parents. My prayers will continue to be with you all and I pray that this speaks to hearts everywhere who don't know the love and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Zane and Shawna, I continue to pray for patience, endurance, strength, and trust in God's love for all of you. I have some idea of the NICU vigil since my grandson was there from Aug.8 till Dec. 23 and then again from Jan. 14 till the first week in March in 2006. It is a place that feels like the world's worst roller coaster ride. And, yet, is the only place that sustains these little one's when they can't sustain themselves.

    We continue to watch and pray with you. Cousin Diane Duty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zane & Shawna-remember that it's always 3 steps forward and 1 step back, just like it is for us all. We are all so impressed with your & Seton's forward steps. I prayed so hard for Habersang to join your team. I believe he is one of God's tools who has already done so much for so many. It's such a pleasure to see & hear of your enjoyment of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zane and Shawna,
    Ever since hearing about little Seton I have been praying for you. Shawna may not remember me, but I am a volunteer at the rainbow room with her. I am pregnant myself and Shawna and I have had several conversations about our anticipations and hopes for our babies. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your precious son, but have been keeping up with your blog in hopes that God will produce a miracle and help Seton grow to become a healthy little boy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Please let us know if their is anything we can do.
    Sincerely,
    Amanda Johnston

    ReplyDelete