Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We’ll keep things pretty brief tonight.  Seton is 11 weeks old today.  Thank you, Lord.

We were supposed to visit Dr. Habersang on Monday, but toward the end of last week, Seton’s congestion really seemed to be bothering him.  He was pretty fussy and appeared uncomfortable, so we paid a “sick” visit last Friday instead.  Other than sharing the same crud Shawna and I have had twice this month, his visit went pretty well.  He weighed 7 pounds 7.3 ounces and measured 22 inches.  His progress there is good, and we are continuing to increase his food intake slowly to accommodate the growth.  Even with the congestion, Seton’s oxygen saturation levels were good, and he is off his oxygen machine during the day.  Everyone breathes a little shallower at night, so it goes back on during that time.  His swallowing has slowed down a bit the past week or two with the added congestion, so Dr. Habersang is tentatively projecting July for the swallow study.  We were hoping for an opportunity sooner than that, but like nearly everything else in life, we aren’t in control, so we’ll put a smile on our faces and wait for July J

Monday morning Seton had a sneezing fit and out came his tube.  That is a record time of 21 days (even though it clogged three times during).  We sure won’t complain about that and hope the new one stays even longer.

There’s no real update for Shawna and me.  It’s been an extra tough week or two, and I’m really blessed to have a couple of good friends hear me out and go the extra way to encourage me.  So blessed.  We are doing our best to take each day as it comes and remember our hopes.  We’d appreciate your prayers for physical and emotional rest and for a renewed grace to face the difficult days.  Seton would appreciate your prayers for development, strength, and health.

Zane

(I need two this week)

“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8

“See, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:27

3 comments:

  1. Zane and Shawna,

    You two continue to bless people and amaze people. You are in the midst of this situation and cannot see the impact you are having on so many people. I can promise with all my heart that God will never forsake either of you - he's in the driver's seat on this ride. And the building He is doing with both of you is inspiring. You are tired and you deserve to be. But I don't know two other people who could even begin to do the remarkable job you both have done. Seton has made milestones that weren't supposed to happen for him! But by the grace of God and the love and care of his parents, he is growing and flourishing! My prayers are with all three of you many, many times a day. Thank you both for ALL you have done for Seton!!! He is such a blessing to the world!!! God will say to you, "Well done my good and faithful servants"!

    All my love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zane and Shawna,
    I'm so glad to hear that Seton is growing and showing progress in just the littlest ways. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers. I know that God will continue to strengthen you, Shawna, and Seton.

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawna and Zane,
    Monica shared with me your story and blog. I have been thinking about you and your sweet Seton quite a bit. You are such incredible parents in just a few months and have such a blessed boy. I know that he will continue to grow and enjoy life because of your incredible love for him.
    Warmest Wishes,
    Ashley Amerman

    ReplyDelete